Friday, December 13, 2013

SnK Project: Update


Happy Friday!!!

I did not realize it has been more than a month since my last Shingeki update...so here it is! Long over due.


So last time, I talked about my progress on the props. It has progressed and I should be doing an update on it really soon. I am FINALLY on break, but not really. It is the Christmas season, so I am super busy between Church and Family! (YAAY!) Christmas always makes me happy.

Anyways...the 3dmg. I have odd names for them, so deal with it. Haha.

  • Back gear--completed
  • Leg boxes--constructed, still needs paint and harness attachments
  • Replacement blades--completed
  • Brown things on waist...--completed

  

I ended up not sewing most of the pieces...because I lack the ability to sew and the time to invest in learning. The jacket I ordered on Ebay. The harness system (not all of it is shown) was also ordered on Ebay. The harness was faulty...but not bad enough for a return. I repaired it. I still have to alter it because I have a short torso. and short legs. Haha. 

The pants I am wearing are actually high rise Express jeans. (SO comfortable) I thought I was going to alter them for the costume (make loops for thigh straps and cut it short so my legs do not sweat in boots), but I do not want to now! ;____;

The boots I purchased from DSW. It was on sale. I have really large calves (15'') so it was a struggle to find one that fit AND gave me height. I am 5'3" so my proportions are rather boxy...I need the added height to help show off my figure more. (I know it sounds weird..)

The hair...is MINE! Haha! I actually cut my hair a couple of months ago because it became a hassle to maintain. I donated it to Locks of Love. It was shorter, but now it is kind of at the length Mikasa cut her hair. Really cool! I am holding back from dyeing my hair too... I am planning to keep it this length for my cosplay because I really do not like wearing wigs!!!

The scarf I sewed...or cut out. I picked a heavier fabric because I liked the texture and it was the only fabric in the color I wanted. It will be double wrapped on my neck. (SO HOT.)

Btw, that is my puppy by my feet. He was wondering what I was doing...

So far, I really like how it looks. It was hard putting everything on though. Basically, it should be boots, harness jacket, scarf, and 3dmg. Less chance of collateral damage. The costume is going to be a walking SAUNA. No joke.

Layers...
  • Sports bra
  • Shirt
  • Harness
  • Jacket
  • Scarf

5...FIVE LAYERS. I need a portable aircon unit... =___=;

So what do you think? Until next time!!!

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment