Friday, June 7, 2013

Fashion Friday // Saks Fifth Avenue


Happy Friday!

Recently I have been browsing around for dresses. Just like shoes, a girl can never have enough! (Just kidding. :P) Today, I'll be sharing with you some of my picks from Saks Fifth Avenue. It's a bit pricey, but a girl can dream! Let's get started.



Michael Kors Asymmetrical Tank Dress // $130

Asymmetrical dresses are very popular this season. It's a great way to break the line a normal dress makes for the body, which puts emphasis at the place exposed! When it comes to asymmetrical dresses, I enjoy plain and less embellished ones. Having extra details draw the eyes away from the cut and it would make the dress too busy! What is also great about a plain dress is you can dress it up with key statement jewelry, like a necklace or pair of earrings or gorgeous shoes. With that being said, this tank dress gives room for styling and creativity. Who wouldn't want to stand out?


Fashion Star Sheath Dress by Hunter Bell // $206

When I first saw this dress, I immediately though 'tennis.' It has the same idea but because of the hem and soft gather at the bottom, it creates a more feminine and elegant feel. This dress has a drop waist, which lends itself to lengthen the torso. So, if you have a relatively short torso compared to your legs, this dress is for you! Similar to the Michael Kors dress, it's plain look can be glammed up with statement pieces. Also, because of its 'tennis' appeal, this dress can be worn casually more easily than the first. (I find it hard to have an excuse to wear a long dress.)


ABS Lace-Paneled Dress // $250

One of my favorite style of dress to wear is the fit-and-flare. Because the waist line is emphasized with the pleats beginning there, it immediately draws the viewer's eyes to the smallest part of your body. And as it flares, it hides your tummy region, which instantly slims you down! (I love this part!) Also, because the cut is above the knees, it shows off your legs and visually lengthens them. With the right heel (in nude, especially) you can look much taller than you really are.


Fashion Star Midi Dress by Hunter Bell // $225

The last dress that I am loving is also by Hunter Bell. I was introduced to this dress after seeing it on Wendy's Lookbook. What captured me first was the color. Although it might be the color of last year, Tangerine Tango is still very much in-style. It's such a rich and vibrant color. This color also makes me very happy because there is so much LIFE in it! A great accent color is gold, so gold accessories are a must. I appreciate the attention to detail in this dress. At the sides where are cut out to expose a little bit of skin while keeping the dress modest. The strong waist belt and zipper attachment gives edge to the dress. In one word, this dress is STUNNING.

Out of all these dresses, the one I want most is the Midi Dress because of its color, vibrancy, and edge. I'm not sure if I can pull it off though since I am relatively short (5'3'' to be exact). Which dress would you choose? Let me know in the comments down below! Also, please let me know if you enjoy posts like these. Until next time!

<3 Debbie

Note: I was not paid or sponsored to do this. I am not associated with Saks Fifth Avenue.

Images: Saks Fifth Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment