Friday, June 21, 2013

Lip Color of the Day (LOTD)


Happy Friday!

As of late, I have been wearing a lot of lipstick. A lot. I used to hate it! It smelled funny and tasted weird. (Long story short...I ate lipstick by mistake as a kid I had a horrible experience with it.) Thank goodness things have changed! Today, I want to share with you a few of my favorites!



The three shades I am loving come from Maybelline. The 14 Hour Lipstick is great! It's creamy and smooth. It is very pigmented (as you can see). It is hydrating. And it smells great! There is a fruity, sweet scent to it.

The top swatch is Eternal Rose 020. I'm kind of afraid of true red lip color, so this made a great alternative. It's a deep, rich pink. It gives a great pop of color! I like to wear it with a really simple face.

The middle swatch is Pout on Pink 012. This was actually the first color I purchased. It matches my natural lip, which gives me a really natural finish. Some days my lips just look dull so I like to swipe this one and I'm done! It's such a sweet color.

The last swatch is Perpetual Peony 005. I kind of gamble on this color. I figured since I have a dark one and a natural one already...I should get a light one! Thank goodness I was not disappointed. Similar to Eternal Rose, it gives the face a great splash of color. It doesn't wash you out because it stands out (especially for me because I'm quite tan...thanks sun!). But if you have a naturally darker lip, a lip liner would be a good investment for this color.

Right now, I have been wearing Eternal Rose the most. I love the color! I also own a Chanel lipstick (Rouge Allure Velvet in La Caline 36). I thought higher end makeup would look better, but honestly...I would pick any three of the Maybelline I own over it. In fact...the price of all three Maybelline lipsticks equals to the price of one Chanel! Maybe I'm not giving Chanel a fair chance. When I save enough in my piggy bank, I'll take another look at Chanel.

Let me know what is your favorite lip color!!

<3 Debbie

Note: I am not sponsored to do this review!!

No comments:

Post a Comment