Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June's BarkBox


Happy Wednesday!

I received my BarkBox last week. Honestly, I forgot about it completely. Surprises can be fun (sometimes)! This month's theme seems to be summer BBQ. Let's check it out!


1) Bowser Beer in Beefy Bown Ale // $19.99 for 6-pack (Amazon $2.99) ($3.99 on Bark Box)

This had to be the most bizarre thing I have ever seen--dog beer. Thankfully, it has no alcohol content. It smells kind of funky. The bottle is made out of plastic so no worries about dropping it too hard. At first, my puppy was reluctant to try it, but I snuck some in his water and he didn't seem to mind. I am indifferent about this product.


2) Puppy Cake Puptato Chips // $4.99 (Amazon) ($3.99 on BarkBox)

First off...I love sweet potato. And so does my puppy! The chips are dried, so there is no oil. It smells like a pet shop, which doesn't surprise me. I'm just happy that my puppy likes it. It's such a great treat item. I can break it up or give it to him whole. I hope these end up at my local pet store soon!


3) Whole Life Tail Mix Grilled Sirloin Burger // $7.99 (2.5 oz bag Amazon) ($4.99 on BarkBox)

My puppy has a soft spot for beef...especially sirloin burgers. He was so happy to see this in the box! There is hardly a scent to the treat, but my puppy keeps begging me for more! I appreciate how small the treats are. I prefer to give my dog smaller bites so that he wouldn't be full too quickly. It makes him THAT much harder to train! I think I got a sample size (1.2 oz), but that's okay. I hope these make it to my local pet stores too!


4) Dale Edgar's Calm K9 Nutri-Wafers // $14.95 for 14-count (Amazon $12.54) ($6.99 on BarkBox)

Okay...the wafers are creepy smelly. It's like fast food burger buns time 10000000000. I kid you not. I have a sensitive nose and these things set off my allergies! It came with 7 individually wrapped wafers. It has a granola bar-like texture, but softer. My puppy doesn't care for it. I will give it another try though. The product is supposed to help reduce stress in dogs (traveling, grooming, storms, loud noises, etc.) It is also advertised to help with dogs that are hyperactive. Once I get my puppy to try it, I'll let you know if it works...


5) Heartland Premium Butcher Shoppe Hickory Smoked Beef Dog Bone // $4.99 on BarkBox

I could not find this guy online and BarkBox did not provide a web address either, so the only way you can purchase this is through them. I was shocked at how big these bones were. I think I will have to feed them to my bigger dogs! It smells interested to say the least...

So this month's box total to $28.78. Why are the boxes getting cheaper and cheaper?! I am disappointed... I have 3 more months to go, so BarkBox...you'd better impress me in the next few months!!! I'm glad my puppy enjoyed a couple of products in there. Let me know which is your favorite product or what you recommend for a summer BBQ for dogs only!!! Until next time.

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment