Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tweezerman Mini Haul


Happy Wednesday!

I have been meaning to get a new tweezers for a while now. (The one I use was something I found lying around...) Luckily, I recently lent my old one out and it never returned. Prefect! I have also been looking for a new curler for a while... I own two Shiseido curlers and neither have been kind to my lashes...




Tweezerman LTD Mini Slant Tweezers // $15.29

Okay, I found it ridiculous expensive. How is this thing even worth $16?!?! I was tempted to purchase the $6 generic tweezers, which turns out to be the one I used to own. But since I had a 25% coupon and some other store coupons...I figured I'd splurge just a bit. It works no different than any normal tweezers. I actually don't like it very much because the tip is sharp. If I grasp a hair too strongly, it breaks it! Did I mention it's SHARP?? I hurt myself a few times plucking my brows... It probably needs to be broken in, but who knows how long that will take. (I don't have titanium hairs...haha.) I like how to comes with a clear tube for storage, so I don't have to worry about it snagging clothes or scratching things.

To be honest...I would just go with the $6 generic tweezers if I could do it over. Not worth the money.


Tweezerman LTD Deluxe Eyelash Curler // $12.99

My Shiseido curlers have been killing my lashes. Both irritated my lids, tugged on my lashes, creased them, and I lost about 3-4 lashes every time I used them!!! This Tweezerman Curler was a BIG improvement. I didn't feel as strong of a tug and my lashes did not crease. It also gave my lashes a nice curl. It still doesn't look natural, but I'm willing to bank that it might be my technique. So far, so good! Also, unlike Shiseido's, this curler came with 3 refill pads. Shiseido only provides 1!!!

The price is okay. I think I paid $22 for each of my Shiseido Curlers.


Tweezerman Safety Slide Callus Shaver // $10.99

I actually purchased this a while ago, but never reviewed it since it was so random. I have terrible calluses on my feet and that's my fault. I like to walk around bare foot and growing up Home didn't have enough money to buy me shoes that fit every time I grew. My feet were always rough and dry and sometimes they would crack! Painful...

My solution was to use a heel balm to soften up my calluses and moisturize the skin. I also tried going to the nail salon 2-3 times a year to get treatment for my feet. I realized both of these treatments are temporary and neither really helped because there was a build-up of dead skin. Then I heard my cousin telling me about a 'callus shaver.' The first thing I thought of was 'potato peeler,' which is basically what it is! So the idea is you use the shaver to remove dry and built-up dead skin and reveal the 'live' skin. Creepy, right? But it makes sense!

It's not as scary as it sounds. It's completely safe because the blade is designed to remove thin layers of dead skin, so you have complete control over how much you remove. I judge how much to shave by touching the skin. If I can 'feel' it, then I stop and use the rasp to smooth the skin. So far, I have shaved my calluses twice and my feet feel young again. This will sound strange, but I didn't realize how cold tile floors were until after I shaved! Of course, I still use a heel balm to keep the skin on my feet soft.

Have you tried any of these Tweezerman products? Which one do you wanna try? Let me know! Until next time.

<3 Debbie

I was not sponsored. I purchased everything.

2 comments:

  1. shu uemera eye lash curler...award winning and worth the price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation! I will try it one day!

      Delete