Friday, October 11, 2013

Makeup Haul


Happy Friday!

I have been feeling adventurous lately, so I ordered a little something from Sephora and I stopped by my local drugstore for eyeshadows. Honestly, I think I can live with eyeliner and mascara. BUT every time I see a picture with a girl rocking some eyeshadow, it makes me curious. So...check out what I picked up!




Urban Decay Vice Palette 2 // $59.00

This was a tough pill to swallow... I always found it hard to justify buying a pan of colorful dust, but I could not help myself when I saw the colors in it! UD's Vice 2 has 4 rows of shimmer shadows and 1 row of matte finish shadows.


Each and every color is special in their own way and the payoff is GREAT. They are super buttery and super pigmented, as you can see. I really like the color range. There are a few that are out there, like Madness (row 2, group 2) and Damage (row 3, group 2). I already played with a few shadows and so far my favorites are:

  • Shellshock (row 1, group 3)
  • Strike (row 2, group 3)
  • Madness (row 2, group 2)
  • Toxic (row 4, group 2)

I also picked up some VIB point products. The above the the Laura Mercier 500 point kit. It includes:

  • Lip Gloss in Rose 
  • Flawless Skin Face Polish
  • Foundation Primer
  • Tinted Moisturizer spf 20
  • Universal Loose Setting Powder
  • Mini Fan Powder Brush
I generally like Laura Mercier products and figured these are GREAT travel buddies. (That was my main motivation to redeeming this...haha.) So far, I have only tried the lip gloss. It's a gorgeous color, rosy pink, and is very natural. I use it during the day for a light, natural look. I don't like how sticky and wet it looks, but that's the definition of lip gloss. Haha. 


I also redeemed, for 500 points, the YSL baggie. The products came in a velvet pouch, which I will probably use to store jewelry or small things in my purse. It came with:
  • YSL charm bracelet
  • Waterproof Eyeliner
  • Volume Mascara
  • Eye Makeup Remover
I really like the eyeliner. It's not as waterproof as I would like it to be, but I've come to expect that from pencil/crayon liners. The mascara is definitely not waterproof and heavy. I love the brush and love the consistency and love the application, but it is just too heavy for my lashes. For those blessed with naturally full, long, and curled lashes, get it. You won't be disappointed! The bracelete was a booboo. It screams cheap. I really wanted to like it more, but Sephora's product photo looked nicer than it actually is. The remover is really effective. Right now I can't decide if I like YSL or Lancome's more...


I picked up some samples--Make Up Forever Foundation Powder, UD Revolution Lipstick samples, Nars Pro Prime, and Tarte Bronzer. 

I really wanted to like UD's lipsticks, but I still don't. I tried the 4 colors included (I threw it away already, whoops) and none of them wowed me. I do agree with the reviews out there--it's smooth and buttery. I just don't think I like the color range so far. There is just something off about it. 

The Make Up Forever Foundation Powder was a surprise. It's a beautiful matte finish. The powder is super soft and light. The color that matched me best was Golden Sand (127).

The Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproff Bronzer (whoo, that was a mouthful) is amazing. I have been using Nars's Laguna for a while, but I prefer Tarte's bronzer more. It's much more pigmented so that means a little goes a long way. It gives you a sun kissed look. And it does a great job at contouring. I will purchase a fullsized product very, very soon.


Okay, the last thing I picked up was Maybelline's Color Tattoo. It was on my wish list for a while, but since I am fearful of shadows I never bought it. I picked up:

  • 05 Too Cool
  • 25 Bad to the Bronze
  • 30 Pomegranate Punk

The shadows are shown above in their respective order. They are very pigmented and very creamy, except for 05 Too Cool (white, left). The white shadow was cakey...I bought another pot just to see if it was because it was old, but it turns out that it is just the way it is! I really like them so far. 

Well, that's all I got for now! Let me know what products caught your eye! Until next time. 

<3 Debbie

I was not sponsored. All products were bought my me.

2 comments:

  1. I bought white Maybelline's Color Tattoo too but haven't try it yet >_<. The color of UD eyeshadow looked gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try! It doubles as a primer since it's creamy. Make sure to add shadow ontop to prevent creasing! ^^

      Delete