Friday, June 28, 2013

Simple Sensitive Skin Care Review


Happy Friday!

A few weeks ago, there was a coupon in my local newspaper for Simple Sensitive Skin Experts. It was a "buy one, get one" offer. I have been interested in trying their products out for a while, so I figured what better time!



The first product I chose was the Moisturizing Facial Wash ($7.99 at CVS). It comes in a tube with a snap/flip cap and you squeeze to dispense the product. It has a light scent, but I can't say I like it very much. The product is opaque and a little runny. One of the first things I noticed was the product separates into two layers--a plaque-like layer that sticks to my hand/face and a runny layer on top. It's really strange, like the product wasn't mixed well enough. When applied to my face, it does the same thing--a thicker layer sticks to my face and a runny layer slides off. It lathers poorly, as well.

However...to my surprise it does a great job at removing makeup! The usual face wash that I use cleans most of my makeup off, but the rest has to be removed with my toner. Simple's Facial Wash actually removes almost ALL of it, to my surprise. The cotton pad that I use with my toner turns up clear of any makeup residue. It's not as moisturizing as I expected. I still have to apply moisturizer afterwards.

Although it has the strangest consistency and texture...and smell...I recommend it.


The product that I got for free was the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ($6.49 at CVS). It comes in a packet with a resealable adhesive. The product contains 25 sheets. It actually smells better than its facial wash counterpart. It's a average sized towel. The towel is thicker than Yes to Cucumber.

I have a love-hate relationship with facial wipes... I love how convenient they are, but I hate how they feel on my skin. My skin is pretty sensitive to any kind of facial wipe. (They sting when I leave them on too long.) I was pleasantly surprised when I first used Simple. It's gentle and it removes quite a lot of make up. It's not super effective...I have to use a couple of towels to take all of my makeup off (BBcreme + powder).

I don't feel refreshed after using it, though. I always expect wipes to be an on-the-go thing, meaning I don't need to find a sink and splash my face with water. It leaves my face feeling a little sticky (also like the feeling you get after working out). However, if you are looking for a gentle makeup removing wipe, I would recommend this. Just make sure you have a bathroom close by!

Let me know if you have tried Simple before and which product of theirs is your favorite! Until next time.

<3 Debbie

Note: I was not paid/sponsored to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment