Saturday, December 28, 2013

December's Ipsy Bag


Happy Saturday!

I took a week long break...preparing things for Christmas and Animate Miami. AH! So busy that I almost FORGOT about my Ipsy bag!





So this month we have some holiday appropriate items. First off is this Signature by English Laundry perfume. I do not wear perfume, but I have to say the Femme is nice! It is not too overwhelming. I feel like it is similar to another perfume I smelled before. It also came with a bottle for your special man...or dad...or brother. Mine was leaking...so minus some points for packaging. But it was also a pleasant scent. Again, it smelled like something from the department store. I cannot put my finger on it!


Next is Be A Bombshell Cheek Stain/Blush, or whatever you want to call it. I received it in Girl Crush. I am impressed by the size of the product! At first glance, the color looks almost pinky/nude. I was worried it would not show up. To my surprise, you can definitely see it (as seen above). It is a light rosy pink with some shimmer. I think it would work great as a blush or highlighter for an extra glow! The texture is a little sticky, but once you blend it out you will not know it is there!


Next is J Cat's Lip Pencil in Red Rose. Boy was I scared when I saw this color. I am so used to wearing mauves and pinks that reds always scared me. Too bold! I was surprised at how pigmented it was and smooth it applied. It is also smudge-able and blendable so you can totally do an ombre with this color. It does stain your lips and skin...so think twice if you want to double it as a blush! It is not very moisturizing, so I would use balm first and then the pencil. It is a stunning holidy red. You will stand out for sure! I actually did not mind it at all. It is loud, but a tasteful loud.


Okay... I will be honest. I was NOT a fan when I saw the color, but after I wore it...my goodness. It looks so right! It is an understated color--chocolate mauve. It is by Nicka K and...no code for color. I love the handle and brush. It makes for an easy application!!! It also dries SUPER fast. I did not even bother with a top coat. This is definitely a keeper. I am hoping to try out more colors from them first before committing to purchasing their polishes! So Ipsy...better get on it!


And the last product is Pop Beauty's eyeshadow trio in Bright Up Your Life. They are beautiful shimmery colors--light peachy tan, bronze, and grey/brown taupe color. Since they are neutrals, this trio is pretty universal and wearable. I cannot wait to try a holiday/new year look with them!

SO...overall, I really liked this bag! I will probably pass on the perfume because I do not use it. I MIGHT part with my blush stick, but I really like the color. For sure I am keeping the nail color and eyeshadow trio. The lip pencil...aw heck, I will keep it took. 

I started this year scared of makeup...but I have grown so much more comfortable with it! I am looking forward to the new year to see what other changes it will bring!

What was your experience with make up??? Let me know! Until next time.

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment