Wednesday, December 4, 2013

NOTD: Lots of Lux


Happy Wednesday!

SO. I found a polish that I NEED to share with you!!! It's a gorgeous color for the Winter!




This is Essie's Lots of Lux. I really don't like glitter polishes because it is a disaster to remove!!! And waiting it to chip off is...UGH. (Thumbs up if you have the same experience.) However, I will make that sacrifice with this polish. In the bottle, it's a gorgeous royal blue with several other shades--deep sea blue, turquoise, cyan, etc.

It is also very dense--meaning...you don't see your nail after one coat. Other glitter polishes I have bought usually are not opaque at all and require a base color to cover the nail. This polish does not need a bas color! Just a base coat to protect the nail and a clear top coat and you are good to go!


This picture does NOT do it justice. It shimmers and shines. The glitter is fine so it really catches the light. It almost looks like a solid polish! It also gives the nail texture because it has so much fine glitter particles. It kind of reminded me of sand paper after two coats, but once you pop on a top coat it does not feel as rough. Even with a top coat, you still feel the texture of the polish, but it's smoothed out.

I will be rocking this polish for a while this winter! LOVE IT! Must have!!! It was slightly more expensive than the usual Essie--$8.50 versus $7.50--but worth it!


During my drug store run, I picked up a Chocolate Scrabble set for my little cousin. She thought it was clever--chocolate AND a game? Awesome! It is actually pretty fun. A great holiday gift ($9.99). It comes with 33 'tiles' and a prize coin (made of chocolate). I think it would make a great gift for the holidays, especially if you have younger siblings or children. Maybe I should do a holiday gift idea post... What do you think?

What is your go-to winter polish?? Let me know! Until next time!

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment