Monday, December 9, 2013

EM Cosmetics Haul


Happy Monday!

In my last Ipsy bag, I received a 30% off coupon for EM cosmetics. I was waiting for some kind of promotion for a while...I cannot justify buying make up from a starting company that charges premium price at full price. Just, no.

So I picked up some things I have been eyeing. Check it out!


Packaging:

My package came in a black bubble wrap envelope. I was expecting a box like Sephora. I guess packaging is not a priority in their budget.

Inside, the products were wrapped up in a hot pink tissue with a EM sticker sealing it. I like the extra touch because it looked like something packed it with case. Good job!


Each individual product came in a box. It definitely radiates 'high-end'. Again...I do not understand why I am paying premium price for a starting company. The packaging is simple--I remember Michelle talking about how she does not like fancy packaging because it feels like you are paying extra for the glam. So if the package is this simple...theoretically, the price I paid is for the product. Therefore, the product should be beyond my expectations. Well, let's see!

Products:


I picked up...

  • 3 waterliners: Black Knight, Ro's Gold, and Sunshine Yellow
  • 1 classic lipstick: Daredevil


  • 1 concealer: fair natural/cool
  • 1 contour stick: light
  • 1 mood enhancer: dewy skin

Waterliners:



I liked the waterliner in my Ipsy bag. Unlike the turquoise liner, these three were SUPER buttery and did not take any effort to get the payout I wanted. I am really impressed with the pigmentation and how smooth they apply.

I tried Ro's and Sunshine on my lower waterline. They are both excellent in brightening up the eyes. Ro's you can use for everyday. Sunshine is a significantly more noticeable, so I would use it for special occasions or night.

Black Knight is extremely pigmented. I had trouble removing it with a makeup wipe. You will probably need an oil based remover to take it off completely. The liner I was sent was broken......the WHOLE stick fell out. Just my luck. Instead of bothering with an exchange, I just warmed up the end and stuck it back in. It is holding up...for now.

On a trial run...haha, not much of a trial since I wore it out in public...Black Knight transferred from my upper lash line to under my eyes. It made me look like I did not not get any sleep. With that being said, I'm disappointed in the staying power especially since it is 'specially' formulated for the waterline.

With Ro and Sunshine, you can easily get away with smears and smudges because the colors are meant to brighten your eyes.

Overall, I like the liners, but Black Knight will not be my go-to black liner any time soon. I wish there was more product in the pencil though.

Lipstick:


I was not sure what lipstick to get, so I looked at reviews and Daredevil was a favorite. I can totally see why. It has a wine color with purple undertones. It is gorgeous. The payout is great. Two swipes and I'm good to go. It's also blendable and stains your lips. I like lipsticks that stain because if it does wear off...it does not completely fade!

The packaging is nice and sturdy and cute! The formula is actually quite moisturizing. I really like it! Already, I am looking for another color to get.

Concealer:


Okay, so Michelle RAVES about this. I personally think the formula is too dry for my taste. I also managed to pick a color that is too light for me...as you can see above. I am not sure what to do with it now... I hope there is a flexible return/exchange policy.

Contour:


This was also something I was looking forward to. It does what it says it will do. The highlighter is beautiful and the contour shade is perfect. They are buttery and pigmented and blendable. There is nothing I do not like about it!!!

Mood Enhancer:


Finally, we have the mood enhancer. The name is strange...I have to admit. Anyways, it is really watery in formula. A LITTLE goes a LONG way. It does the job--brightens areas you apply it on. It gives you a healthy and youthful glow. I can see this coming in handy for Cosplay make up. The bottle does feel and look a little cheap. I wish the pump was chrome/metallic to make it look like the price I paid.

Final thoughts:

I think EM is a bold move, coming out as a high-end make up brand. There are products that I can see myself repurchasing, which is great! I still think the prices are too steep and if I have to use coupons to buy it...it just begs me to question exactly how well the brand is doing.

Have you tried EM? What are you thoughts? Let me know! Until next time.

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment