Friday, December 6, 2013

Clarisonic Aria


Happy Friday!

So... right before Thanksgiving, I purchased a Clarisonic. I have been contemplating about buying one for the past two years. I heard so many good things about it--clearer skin, less acne, less dark spots, exfoliating, etc. I needed to see for myself, BUT it is SO EXPENSIVE.

Sigh...

As you can see, I caved in and bought one. I purchased the Aria with 3 speed settings because of a few reasons... I actually intended to buy the Mia2.


This might be the least colorful post ever.

I wanted the Mia2 because it was...

  1. Cheaper -- $150 versus $199
  2. More colors -- I like lime green and blue
  3. 2 speeds -- I didn't see the need for a third speed
  4. Travel case -- convenient and handy!
After walking around the store in circles and talking to myself...I'm sure some customers thought I was crazy...I ended up getting the Aria because...!
  1. Value package -- It came with extra goodies for the same price as an Aria without the goodies ($199)
  2. The goodies included a travel BAG, not case, but I will settle for the bag
  3. Dock -- Standing and charging station for my bathroom counter (this seemed cleaner to me than the plastic travel case)
  4. 2 Timers -- A choice of 1 minute or 2 minutes
  5. Came in a color I will tolerate -- I got the light pink even though I really wanted the blue Mia2
Mm...in the end it was really a toss up. I think the deciding factor was the dock versus the travel case. The dock just made more sense to me. 

So I tried it out once I got home (duh) and it was weird! It felt like an exfoliating glove. I thought it was for sensitive skin! It beeps to tell you when to move on to the next section of your face (20 seconds forehead, 20 seconds nose/chin, 10 seconds each cheek). To get a good lather, apply your face wash gel/soap liberally.

I was scared to look in the mirror at first...thinking my face would be red and inflamed. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth my skin felt and how clean my pores looked.

It did a good job cleaning, as advertised! Even though it is a 'sensitive' brush, I would not use it every day. Treat it like you are exfoliating your skin--twice a week at most.

Have you tried Clarisonic? What are you thoughts? Let me know! Until next time.

<3 Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment