Sunday, December 29, 2013

Black Friday - EM Cosmetics


Happy Sunday!

I went Black Friday shopping last month...more like online shopping. EM Cosmetics had a BOGO sale! So basically...it was 50% off store wide. I bought myself 2 life palettes and 2 lip galleries.




This will be less of a review and more of a complaint. Haha.

So the life palettes come with a travel case. I got 2 since I bought 2. I was REALLY disappointed to see that both were damaged on the outside. It looked like someone kicked them around on the warehouse floors or played knock hockey with them. The inside was fine; however, I am still upset because heck...when I pull the compact out, people see the outside of it first!!! What a terrible presentation! The paint was also chipped on the logo... Good job EM. Good first impression.


The lip galleries were fine. No damage. The colors online were accurate. I have purchaed another lip gallery previously, so I honestly do not have much to say.


I have not swatched the life palettes yet and I probably will not do it anytime soon people there are a LOT of reviews out there already.

Okay...so it has been a month since my purchases. Why have I not filed a complaint or return my items or replaced them? Why did I instead write this review? Good questions.

I honestly do not like the hassle of return things I bought online, so I am hesitant to mail it back and expect a replacement/exchange. Also, I am paranoid about my package going missing. But more importantly, I feel that if EM Cosmetics truly took the time to care about their customers, they would have the patience to LOOK at the items they are packing before shipping it out. It was not like I used a magnifying glass to nitpick...

I am already disappointed at how they are putting themselves out there as a 'high end' makeup brand. Now their products are lacking. Oh, remember I bought some water liners? Well... yesterday, my water liner stick fell out. Yep. Fell out. No damage. Just poorly made. This is the SECOND water liner this has happened to already, which speaks volumes about quality control.

Ah...so anyone else had bad experiences? Let me know! Until next time.

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment