Friday, November 22, 2013

November's Ipsy Bag


Happy Friday!

My Ipsy bag has arrived! I am really excited to receive mine this month because it includes an EM product (Michelle Phan's makeup line). Let's check it out!!!




Bombshell in Shameless (first swatch from left)

So far, I haven't really liked any Bombshell products. This lip crayon is the first!! It glides on super smooth. It's extremely pigmented. It's not slick, but it does give your lips a bit of moisture. I really like it! It actually stains your lips too, so it looks super natural. I am definitely keeping this in my purse for the winter. It's a gorgeous pink with mauve undertones. I was surprised at how much I liked the color! It looks darker in the crayon than it actually is. Thumps up Ipsy!


Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst (GP06) (second swatch from the left)

So a few months ago, I received a Starlooks eye pencil that did not wow me (see here). It was pigmented, but had no staying power. However, this month's eye pencil actually benefits from their smudge-able formula. It's a beautiful lilac purple with shimmer. Gorgeous! Not only does it give color, it also brightens your under eye area to give you a boost. (Byebye panda eyes!) Okay, it's not a complete miracle worker, but it does give you a lift. I don't think I would repurchase it because I don't typically use eye liners like that, but if you do I recommend it!!! I can see this being used for a holiday look!


EM Waterliner in Turquoise (third swatch from the left)

This...this is the one product that got me excited. Michelle keeps raving about it and I hear so much about it from her viewers! First off, her packaging is nicely done. It doesn't feel completely drug store, but it doesn't feel super luxorious either. My cap actually was cracked, so I don't know if this was a reject on the line or...? But other than that, it looks great! There are two ends, one that dispenses the liner and the other with the smudge tip, which removes to show a sharpener. Genius! I really liked that. I don't usually sharpen my liners, but it sure does help when you need to be precise!

The color is gorgeous. (I have been using that word a lot today...) It takes a little to get the payout. I had to swipe it several times. I tried it under my eye and it's flattering. Not a color I would typically wear, but I like it! It does seem to do the job--waterliner...waterproof. It also has shimmer to it, but lighter than Starlooks. I think I will purchase some more liners. I do home she makes a black soon!


Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched (fourth swatch from left)

I saw Pixi being sold at Target. I was kind of wondering for a while where they got this product from. I'm not too keen on bronzers since I still have my Nars. The packaging is super cute. The formula is silky and soft. I actually like the application. It's a little light for me to use as a bronzer. It would be a high lighter for me. It has a shimmer to it too. (What is up with the shimmer???) It feels like a nice holiday bronzer. I don't think I will repurchase it.


Nailtini in Caviar Cocktail (127)

I really haven't liked any of Nailtini's polishes...but this time they did it right! It's a gunmetal color. It applies nicely--opaque in two coats. I'm pretty sure I'm cool toned, so anything silver looks nice on me...haha. I really like this color. I don't think I will order any polishes, but if they ever go to drug stores or Target, I will definitely be browsing through their colors!


Kiss False Lashes in 03

I am relieved to have received 03 instead of 01. These lashes are not as dense and more natural for me (I have short Asian lashes...) It comes in a two pack along with an applicator. (I JUST bought an applicator at Sephora last month...what the heck!) They look pretty good. Maybe I will use them in an Ipsy look for the holidays!

PHEW. That was a LONG review. Glad I made it through even though I'm sick...haha. Hope this was helpful to some of you! If you are interested in learning more about Ipsy or if you want to subscribe, click here!

<3 Debbie

2 comments:

  1. They have better items after I cancelled. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Noo. Will you reconsider subscribing again? :D

      Delete