Wednesday, November 20, 2013

NOTD: Revlon Nail Art Moon Dust


Happy Wednesday!

This must be a crime...TWO NOTD in a week!?! I must be going crazy! Actually, I've been under the weather so there's only so much I can review. Doctor's orders--lots of fluid and bed rest. He even offered to write me a note for school. I was super flattered...haha. Unfortunately, college professors don't give a flying hoot!

Anyways, onwards to the polish!




I saw this at the drug store and it stopped me. I know....IT'S NOT ESSIE. I actually do own polishes other than Essie. It just so happens that Essie beats the rest of them to the counter (partially because their color range is so much more appealing).

I never owned a black polish. It was kind of taboo in my household to own dark colors because my grandma associated it with bad behavior and misfortune. (Superstitions and old wives' tales...what can I say.) So, I always wore really, really bright nail colors growing up. (Yep.......I rocked neon!)

Wow, I think my medication is making me ramble. So! I picked this baby up, feeling all rebellious and such...haha. No really!!! And, I liked it more than I thought I would!


It comes in a 'tube' holding polish at either end. The middle section holds the brushes. It was kind of messy because the polish isn't heavy enough to hold itself down on the table and since the brush is in the middle section, you have this loooong wand basically. Not the easiest to use.

It's definitely not as opaque as what I am used to. I had to be really careful with the way I applied my coats. I don't like using more than 2... As for the glittery part. It was a litte disappointing. It took me several swipes to get ANY glitter on my nails! Bad formula, brush, ...???? I don't know.

However, once I put it all together it looked great. It's not too flashy, but it's not boring either. The wear was not impressive at all. It chipped pretty early on. I used the same top and base coat as usual, but this polish chipped within the first day! Weird. Maybe I was too rough on it.

It's a fun polish and a 2-for-1 in a way. I don't think I'd invest in Revlon polishes, but if you have a coupon and don't mind spending a couple more dollars...go for it!

What colors were 'taboo' for you? Let me know! Until next time.

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment