Monday, August 19, 2013

Oliver Peoples


Happy Monday!

Who else likes sunglasses? I do! I cannot live without them in Miami...well I don't exactly need them during hurricane season, but accessories do make an outfit! While in Las Vegas, I stopped at Oliver Peoples. I wasn't looking to buy sunglasses, but I ended up walking out with two...


We discovered Oliver Peoples because of this man...Jeffrey Donovan. He plays as Michael Westen, an ex-CIA contractor (spy). I don't follow the show religiously, but from the episodes that I have watched...it's pretty good! He sports a Victory in cognac. Unfortunately, because of the shows popularity and the style...it's sold out...everywhere. There are styles that are similar such as the Sanford (retail $475) and the Kelton (retail $485).


The first pair is an Elsie (retail $395). I like the aviator look, but I have high cheeks. This pair was perfect because it's more rounded and it looks great on! The frame is made of titanium, making it strong and extremely light. I barley feel it and it doesn't cause indents on my nose. the frame is actually silver and the shade is purplish.



The second pair I got was a Josselyn (sale $119 plus $15 case). I picked these up at first, but put them down. On the day we were leaving, I ended up driving to downtown to buy them before our flight out. What a time crunch we were on! They were on sale because it was an old style. I have no idea what the original price was.


I originally wanted to get them in the gold/red color, but my cousin pointed out that the past 3 pairs of sunglasses were gold. I'm very happy with his choice! The aqua is fresh and compliments my olive skin tone. However, it is heavier than the Elsie.

All of their lenses are polarized and are well made. Original priced sunglasses are covered by a one year warranty. If there are any manufacture defects, you can send them right back and get a replacement. Sale glasses don't get that privilege. I have not broken or damaged any of my sunglasses thus far, so I don't foresee any complications.

Check out Oliver Peoples! It's a splurge...but how often do we buy sunglasses?

What's your favorite brand of sunglasses? What's your favorite style??

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment