Wednesday, August 14, 2013

July's Ipsy Bag


Happy Wednesday!

Last month I almost didn't get my Ipsy bag because my credit card on file had expired! I realized two weeks into the month and changed it as soon as I could. Within minutes, Ipsy charged my card and let me know my bag was on its way. YAY! Thank you Ipsy for the excellent customer service. I think they have come a looong way with pleasing their clients. Because of this...I might just continue to subscribe!

When I opened my bag...I noticed there were only 4 items. I thought it was strange, so I checked my account and saw that I was listed to have 5 items. I emailed Ipsy to ask if there was a mistake in packing or if they had a shortage on product supplies. They replied the following day letting me know it was their mistake and I should email them what product I was missing. I was elated! However...I was concerned too because what was to stop me from telling them I was missing multiple products? Not that I would do that...


Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush

I love the packaging! It was a cute, chubby crayon with a cap. It operates on a twist-mechanism so no mess in dispensing. The color is also beautiful! Application is not as great as it looks though. It settles in lines on lips, especially when they are dry. I had to exfoliate mine first before I could apply it nicely. Overall, I was really happy to see it was a bright color!!!


derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub

I was impressed by how large the product was. Once I opened the cap...I was hit with a strong citrus-lemon smell. I love the scent!! I have yet to try it yet, but it was a sandy gel texture I trust it will leave a yummy smell. I just hope it won't kick up acne on my face.


BH Cosmetic California Collection

This must be the first eye shadow palette that I love. It came with 3 beautiful shades--purple, bronze, and gold. They are not very pigmented, but I like the consistency. It doesn't fall out as much. Also, you can build the color. They make great summer colors and can easily transition into fall.


Coola Classic Sunscreen in Cucumber (SPF 30)

This is my absolute FAVORITE product in the bag. I hate sunscreen. It's sticky, oily, smells weird...I never really found one that I liked. I was also leaving for a trip to Las Vegas early in August, so I was desparate to find a sunscreen to bring with me. After testing out Coola for a few days, I instantly fell in LOVE. It goes on smooth and dries matte. There is no residue AND it's moisturizing. It smells great in cucumber. I ended up purchasing it in the unscented versions for face and body and there really is no scent. I will definitely be using this product for a while!


Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray Conditioning and Texturizing

I'm not big on hair products besides leave in conditioners because I'm try to grow out my hair. This was the missing product in my July bag. It came in very quickly. I love the bottle. I can definitely see myself reusing it for other spray products. It smells like chemicals...I don't like that. I haven't used it yet because I don't like the beach hair look. Maybe when I hit the beach or have a bad hair day I will try it.

July's bag was adorable. I like the more structured bags because it gives support for products inside. Who else hates their creams getting squashed in their purse??? I ended up using it as my emergency makeup bag for my trip to Las Vegas. It was great! Plus moving through TSA was easy because it is transparent. My August bag should arrive shortly as well... I can't wait!!!

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment