Friday, September 20, 2013

September's BarkBox


Happy Friday!

I cannot believe it has been six months since I started blogging! And I know this because...this is my sixth and final BarkBox. I only paid for half a year because it was part of a discount and I wanted to try the service out. There were a couple of misses, but the hits outweigh them!



Aussie Naturals 22" Shark // $7.99

The first product I took out was this toy. It's a 22" long shark toy. The material is extremely soft and nice to touch. Inside the toy is a squeaker at the tail and a rope inside the body. There is no stuffing! I was a littl relieved because my boy always manages to rip a seam and chew out some stuffing... What can I say, my little one is a troublemaker. It was really funny watching him play with the shark. He was unsure at first, so he sniffed him out. Once he was sure it wasn't going to bite back, he grabbed it and ran around. Not long afterward, he was rolling around on the floor wrestling with it! ADORABLE. He got so tired from playing with it that he took it to bed and curled up on top of it. Guess he won't be putting it back in his toy box anytime soon. (Yes, he has his own toy box and he climbs in to choose toys...sometimes he even puts them back!) I was super happy with the toy, except for the squeaker. It broke after he bite down on it a few times.


Plato Pet Treats Natural Duck Strips 6 oz // $7.05 (Amazon)

The first time I saw a duck flavored treat was in my very FIRST BarkBox in April. How appropriate is it that my LAST box also had a duck flavored treat! It's a pretty substantial bag. The treats are cut into small blocks, not strips. They are also quite thick. My boy took the treat to his bed and left it there for a while. Later he went back to munch on it. Before I knew it, the treat was gone! I guess that means he approves! It is advertised as being hypoallergenic and all natural with over 90% duck content. I'm not about to find out if that is true, but my boy is already on his second treat so that should speak for itself.


Wagatha's Organic Dog Biscuits in Tuscan Pizza 8 oz // $6.00

I am not much of a package person since I know the nicer the package, the more I will be paying. However, this biscuit box is really cute. The biscuits smell exactly like the flavor, which was kind of scary. I almost ate one! My boy wasn't too sure about the biscuit when I gave it to him. I dropped it on his bed and broke off a corner. After he played some more with the stark, he took a break and snacked on the biscuit. Usually I have to break up biscuit treats for him because he's picky about eating large treats. I was delighted to see he broke his biscuit on his own! After he finished, he asked me for more with the puppy dog eyes. The bisbuit is advertised to be organic and holistic, without fillers.


Vetra Care Pet Liquid Bandage 2 oz // $8.95

This spray bottle contains an alcohol-free liquid that serves to treat and protect minor cuts, scrapes, and irritations. It's waterproof and breathable, which helps to promote wound healing. It sounds like the dog form of New Skin. Surprisingly, it's FDA approved for dogs AND humans! Two-for-one deal!!! Haha, so far I cannot find a use for it since neither of us are injured at the moment. It expires in 2015, so one thing I can say is it has a pretty long shelf-life.

So the grand total is $30! Okay, I have to say I feel like I got cheated a bit. BUT at least my boy likes them all and the liquid bandage will come in handy. I just know it! I'm kind of sad that my subscription has come to an end...I am considering in re-subscribing. What do you guys think?

If you are interested in subscribing for a box, click here! You will receive a special discount!!!

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment