Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May's BarkBox


Happy Tuesday!

I received my second BarkBox this past Saturday! I was so excited, I hurriedly opened it. First impression--it was not as full as last month's. I was slightly disappointed. Let's hope the items in the box are less disappointing.


1-Barkworthies 6'' Natural Treat Stick Original Recipe // Amazon ($5.49)

After my puppy DEVOURED last month's duck jerky, I was happy to see more jerky/stick treats. My puppy...did not like it. He gave it a sniff, carried it around, and left it in the corner of the room. It is a little dense and hard, so I can see how he would have trouble eating it. Hopefully he will give it another try.


2-Barkworthies 6'' Odor Free Thick // Amazon ($6.01)

To be honest, I was a little confused about the 'odor free' business. It either meant the stick has no smell or it will cure my puppy from sticky breath. It meant neither. Compared to the Natural Treat Stick, my puppy loved this so much more. He takes it with him to bed at night and chews on it until he is tired. However, I started noticing an unpleasant scent in my room. Turns out the stick is actually quite odorful (the opposite of odorless, haha). And it did nothing to combat doggy breath. I am glad he likes it, but I think the product label is misleading.



I was really excited to see a toy in this month's box. It is, in fact, buoyant, minty, and bouncy. Very bouncy. I played fetch with my puppy and he was shocked at how high and fast the raspberry bounced! It smells minty (I know, a bit weird). Planet Dog advertises that the toy delivers 100% of a dog's daily requirement of ROMPoflavin, CHOMPohydrates, and vitamin WAG... (Nice joke, hah!) There is a hole in the toy to stuff treats inside as well. It is a little harder to get out, so I mainly use it as a fetch toy.



My puppy LOVES beef, so I was very happy to see this in the box. It feels a little dry, but it's nothing that a little bit of doggy spit can't handle. He is currently working on his first piece...and he is almost done with it! So this product gets a doggy approval. I will look into other products from them.



The last product in the box is Green Juice! I know, it sounds quiet intimidating. (My boyfriend calls anything green rabbit food!) Anyways, Bocce's Bakery advertises this product to be PACKED with power greens and it is minty. The biscuit contains spinach, kale, sweet apples, spirulina, omega-3 flax seeds, and mint. So far, my puppy loves it! He did tricks to get it in his mouth. I am hopeful this will help maintain fresh breath since he is not a fan of brushing his teeth or eating his dental sticks.

This month's box is worth $35.97. It is almost $10 less than last months! Overall, I am not impressed by this box and it cannot compare to last month's box. I hope next month they blow me away. They have 4 more months to convince me to subscribe again!

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment