Friday, April 19, 2013

April's Ipsy Bag


Happy Friday!

I have been a subscriber to Ipsy since February 2012, but this will be my first official review! Ipsy is great for those of you who do not use makeup often enough to invest in a full-size product and more importantly it offers variety (and a great bag). Let's get started!



Unfortunately, this month's bag itself did not meet their expectation... Boo. It looked so pretty on their site too! However, I'm glad they are honesty to their customers. I would be so angry if they sent me something defective. Great Ipsy customer service!!! 


1-HealthySexyHair Soy Renewal

I always enojy hair products in my monthly bags. I kind of wish I got Powder Play because I have always been interested in dry shampoo-type products. It smells like chemicals--not very pleasant. The packaging looks good at first, but it was difficult to dispense the product. The bottle was stiff, so you cannot squeeze. I had to shake it out. It does a great job at taming my dried ends. Now it looks healthy, silky, and soft. I might be looking into purchasing this product...if it smelled a little nicer. 


2-Sation Nail Lacquer in Of Corset I'll Call You

I never really liked the nail polish Ipsy included in their bags, except for Andrea's (but they chipped like crazy). The application was smooth and the brush was great. A couple of strokes covered my nail completely and precisely. The formula seems a little thick. I only put one coat on in the photo. It is light enough to be a french manicure base, but I am sure after another coat it will be opaque enough to wear on its own. Personally I like the single coat since it leaves some of my natural nail to show. It also has great shine. I did not use a base or top coat in the photo above. Now...if it can survive a chip test...


3-Be A BombShell Cosmetics Blush in Sweet Cheeks

I am glad I got this blush because I have always wanted to try out a color similiar to it. It reminds me of a dolly pink. I swatched it with my Nars Blush in Orgasm as a comparison. Both swatches are single applications. It is very pigmented, but the formula is a little powdery. I forsee a messy application with a brush. I would recommend using your fingers. It is blendable, as well. This is my most favorite Bombshell product to date!


4-Mica Beauty Cosmetics Eyeshadow in 72 Earth

I am not a huge fan of eyeshadow. The Mica shadow reminds me of the NYX shadow I received in December and the NYX Rollon Shimmer from February of last year. It is not very pigmented. The swatch above is a single application. It looks good if you want to go for a more natural look, but I am not sure how natural shimmer is. Haha. This is my least favorite product in the bag.

I am crossing my fingers that the next bag will have no problems! Did I mention how late my Ipsy bag came in this month because of that? I was afraid they forgot about me...anyways.

Thank you so much for reading! Please stop by my Etsy shop--RakiSuta!

<3 Debbie

Etsy
Facebook
Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment