Friday, July 19, 2013

Shingeki no Kyojin


Happy Friday!

About a month ago...I was browsing around on Facebook and found a really eye catching drawing (as seen above). I instantly perked up because it clearly is an anime/manga that I have never seen before. I followed the tag #ShingekinoKyojin and BAM. Thanks to this drawing, I am not only caught up in the anime world...I am pretty obsessed! (Btw, if you know who the artist or original source is...PLEASE let me know in the comments. I want to credit them! Thank you, Isabel for finding the source!)



First off...the English title is Attack on Titan. It is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by the talented Hakime Isayama. The anime began on April 6th this year and the manga is ongoing since 2009! I think Isayama is on his 10th volume...but correct me if I am wrong.

So basically, this is a super charged anime about these GIANTS of unknown origin that eat humans for fun and make everyones life miserable. (What a downer!) BUT you have an army of super cool scouts that 'fly' through the air with 3 dimensional maneuver gear (3dmg for short) and swords. On top of all that, there are some pretty crazy plot twists going on in the manga!

I am simply in love and in awe with Shingeki no Kyojin. Currently, I am working on a cosplay project.......you guessed it! The past few days I spent hours drawing templates for the 3dmg. What a headache! Thank goodness for reference pictures and tutorials that are already online... I wish they were a tab more informative and detailed, but I suppose they did that on purpose. Who wants to share ALL their tricks, right?

Anyways...if you are interested in seeing how my project goes, please let me know down below! I will not be making a functional 2dmg like the video below, but I figured it would give you a better idea of what I will be doing. (Btw, the guy in the video is a GENIUS. I wish I had the pocket change to do what he did, but I need to make this cost efficient since I have bills to pay and flights to catch...haha.)


Oh and I already bought my tickets to AnimeExpo 2014. :] If I finish in time, I plan to appear at Megacon 2014 first. Ahh! Anyways, off to slaving away work!

<3 Debbie

Disclaimer: None of the pictures or videos featured in this post belong to be. I do not claim ownership.

1 comment:

  1. I think instead of note it should say DISCLAIMER? idk thats what I have learnt in school

    ReplyDelete