Friday, July 26, 2013

July's BarkBox


Happy Friday!

It's that time of the month again...BarkBox! This month's box was chubbier than usual, which got me super excited. (I associate larger boxes with more stuff...hehe.) This month's theme is cooling down from summer.


1) Sprong // Amazon ($6.39 - $13.70) ($9.99 on BarkBox)

This month's box included one toy by Sprong. I'm not exactly sure what to call this, but it is advertised as a fuzzy, squeaky, chewy, bouncy, and floatable toy. I had to test it out...the product does do what it says it does! My puppy was super excited when I let him play with it. He chased it around as it rolled away and brought it everywhere with him! The only down side is...the 'fuzz' coating the toy started coming off as my puppy chewed on it. The last thing I need is my puppy swallowing that... Unfortunately, I had to take it away from him. Maybe I'll keep it as a pool toy for him.


2) Max and Ruffy's Five-Star Blueberry // $5.25 ($7.50 on BarkBox)

The next item is a 5 ounce bag of grain-free training treats in blueberry flavor. Since I have so many treats to go through, I haven't opened this one yet. My puppy picks out the round berry in his Blue Buffalo so I'm not too hopeful that he will eat it.


3) No Grainers in Hickory Bacon // Amazon ($4.95)

Soft treats are one of my puppy's favorites. These treats smell enticing for him and they are a great size. He has yet to try it though...so not much I can say.


4) Mr. Barksmith's Cool Treats in Peanut Butter // $4.99 ($1.99 on BarkBox)

My dog does not like icecream... I have no idea why. I'm glad that my other dogs like it though, so it won't go to waste!


5) Safemade Flexi-Bowl in Small // $4.99

This is my favorite product in the box. The flexi-bowl is a flexible bowl made of food-grade silicone. It holds about 2 cups of water at a time. Because it is flexible, it is great for travel. I would not have to worry about it breaking or taking up too much space. I believe this bowl was specially made for BarkBox because on the inside it has 'BarkBox' written on it. Very cute and useful!


6) Barkworthies Junior Bully Stick in Beef Bladder // $2.99 on BarkBox

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered what a 'pizzle' was...so this Bully Stick does not surprise me at all. My puppy LOVED this thing. He brought it everywhere and munched on it before bed and in between meals. It got scary at times because it's tough and stringy...he would choke a little because it slide too far down his throat and I would have to remove it myself. I ended up throwing it away before he could finish the last inch. However, I was glad to see that he enjoyed it!

Overall, this BarkBox was a step above last month's. The total is....$30.16 (I chose the cheaper prices except for the toy because it is only available through BarkBox). I'm happy to see at least 3 products my puppy enjoyed. I'm my other dogs will enjoy the other items as well! So this is my fourth box...2 more to go before my subscription is over. I'm hoping the last two will wow me into keeping my subscription. Until next time!

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment