Friday, June 14, 2013

Nails of the Day (NOTD)


Happy Friday!

This week I have been rocking a nail trend that has been around for a while now--Sally Hansen Salon Effects. Last year, my friend gifted me a couple of Salon Effects for my birthday. (Love her!) I was a little nervous about using it... Will it feel like I taped something on my nail? Is it easy to apply? Will there be extras in case I messed up?!? I finally got around to trying it...


The reason why I was apprehensive about nail strips is because I have a bad habit of chipping and messing up my manicures on the same day I get them. (Anyone else have that problem??) Also, a box costs anywhere between $7.59 - $11.99!!! That's insane considering that Essie is only $8 a bottle and I am positive the bottle goes a much longer way.

However...there is one thing Salon Effects can do that a bottle of polish can't. Design. Unfortunately, I am not very talented with nail art and a trip to the nail spa is really pricey! Salon Effects brings the salon to my home (without the hand massage, regrettably).


To my surprise, the strips are very easy to apply. All you need are clean and dry nails and steady hands. I also found that I can get two uses with one box! (I don't keep my nails too long since I play piano and type a lot.) After application, I swipe on a top coat and it looks as good as a professional!

I am currently wearing #410 Love Letter. It's absolutely charming and romantic! I would definitely recommend Salon Effects. Maybe not for every manicure, but it's a fun thing to try every so often. Let me know what you think and your experience with nail strips!

<3 Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment